MegaMatcher technology is intended for large-scale AFIS and multi-biometric systems developers. The technology ensures high reliability and speed of biometric identification even when using large databases. MegaMatcher is available as a software development kit that allows development of large-scale single- or multi-biometric fingerprint, iris, face, voice or palm print identification products for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms.
Advantages of MegaMatcher
- Proven in national-scale projects, including passport issuance and voter deduplication.
- NIST MINEX-compliant fingerprint engine,
NIST IREX proven iris engine.
- 200,000,000 irises or 100,000,000 fingerprints per second can be matched using MegaMatcher Accelerator.
- Fingerprints, irises and faces can be matched on smart cards using MegaMatcher On Card.
- Includes fingerprint, iris, face, voice and palm print modalities.
- Rolled, flat and latent fingerprint matching.
- BioAPI 2.0 and other ANSI and ISO biometric standards support.
- Multiplatform, scalable cluster architecture for parallel matching.
- Effective price/performance ratio, flexible licensing and free customer support.
- Bangladesh Voter Registration Project registered more than 80 million citizens using biometric face and fingerprint technology.
Read the case study (PDF) or press release.
- Indonesia distributed passport issuance system with a centralized biometric matching component based on MegaMatcher technology.
Read case study (PDF) or press release.
- El Salvador's National Passport System – the nationwide multi-biometric passport and immigration system based on MegaMatcher multi-biometric technology.
Read the case study (PDF).
- Additional case studies and Solution Partner references are available. Read more
Technology and SDK
- Requirements for large-scale biometric systems. Large-scale automatic biometric identification systems have a number of special requirements that are different from those of small- or medium-scale biometric systems. These requirements include system reliability, productivity, scalability, etc. Read more
- MegaMatcher algorithm features and capabilities. MegaMatcher includes fingerprint, facial, iris, speaker and palm print recognition engines and allows to use the fused fingerprint-face-voice-iris algorithm for fast and reliable identification in large-scale systems. The fingerprint engine is NIST MINEX compliant and is capable of matching rolled and flat fingerprints between themselves. The face engine includes live face detection and processes multiple faces in live video streams. Read more
- MegaMatcher SDK and MegaMatcher Accelerator in high productivity biometric systems. MegaMatcher SDK and MegaMatcher Accelerator include cluster software that allows the scaling of an AFIS or multi-biometric system to reach the required response time, database capacity and system robustness. Read more
- MegaMatcher Standard and Extended SDK. The Standard SDK is intended for development of client/server-based multi-biometric fingerprint, face, voice, iris and palmprint identification products. The Extended SDK is intended for developing large-scale cluster-based AFIS or multi-biometric identification products. Read more
- Fingerprint scanner support. More than 80 fingerprint scanners models are supported by MegaMatcher SDK. Read more
- Face capture camera support. A number of face capture cameras and web cams are supported by MegaMatcher SDK. Read more
- Iris scanner support. A number of iris capture cameras and multi-modal face-iris devices are supported by MegaMatcher SDK. Read more
- Recommendations and constraints for face recognition. MegaMatcher facial recognition engine has certain requirements to the images, produced by cameras, lightning conditions, face posture and expression. Read more
- Recommendations and constraints for speaker recognition. MegaMatcher speaker recognition engine has certain requirements to the microphones, their settings and position, as well as user behaviour and environment. Read more
- System requirements and supported development environments. Components of MegaMatcher SDK can be run on computers with x86 32 and 64 bit processors (at least 2 GHz processor recommended). Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms are supported. Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL and Oracle are supported. Read more
- Technical specifications. The MegaMatcher fingerprint engine is able to match up to 148,000 fingerprints per second, 1,200,000 faces per second or 1,200,000 irises per second on a single PC; several PCs can be connected together to form a cluster for higher performance. Read more.
- Reliability and performance testing results. MegaMatcher provides high identification reliability using either fingerprint, face or iris matching engines. Using fused single- or multi-biometric identification allows MegaMatcher to reach almost 0 % FRR. Read more.
- MINEX compliance. In 2007 MegaMatcher 2.0 fingerprint technology was recognized by NIST as fully MINEX compliant. The recognition allowed to use MegaMatcher in personal identity verification program (PIV) applications. Read more
- Download. MegaMatcher brochure, fingerprint, face and iris algorithm demo applications and MegaMatcher 30-day SDK Trial are available for downloading.
Licensing, prices and ordering
- Licensing options. To develop a MegaMatcher-based product, an integrator should obtain MegaMatcher 4.2 Standard SDK or Extended SDK. A license for a MegaMatcher component is required for each PC or each server CPU that runs this component. Single computer licenses, concurrent network licenses and enterprise licenses are available. Read more
MegaMatcher related products
- MegaMatcher Accelerator 4.0 – a solution for building the server-side of a large-scale AFIS or multi-biometric system; available in Standard and Extended versions; a single MegaMatcher Accelerator Standard matches 35 million fingerprints per second or 50 million irises per second, and the Extended matches 100 million fingerprints per second or 200 million irises per second.
- MegaMatcher On Card SDK – a product for fingerprint, iris and face matching on smart cards.
- VeriFinger SDK – intended for development of PC-based or Web-based fingerprint identification systems.
- VeriLook SDK – intended for development of PC-based or Web-based facial identification systems.
- VeriEye SDK – intended for development of PC-based or Web-based iris identification systems.
- VeriSpeak SDK – intended for development of PC-based or Web-based speaker identification systems.